Join us at CYN Counseling Center! We offer an opportunity to join a group of compassionate and caring individuals who work hard every day to provide mental health support, inclusion, hope and opportunity to people within and/or around Lake & McHenry Counties. Whether you are a recent graduate, starting a new career or exploring new possibilities, CYN has a rewarding path for you.
We offer a competitive compensation package, benefits for full-time staff; medical, dental, vision, life insurance, paid time-off (PTO), and paid holidays. Our comprehensive benefits support your health, well-being, and personal growth! All staff may participate in the 403(b) retirement plan, employee assistance program (EAP), ongoing training, and career advancement opportunities. We strive for a positive work environment where the interests of the individuals we serve is at the center of all we do.
Internship Opportunities (Submittals accepted November 2022-March 2023)
CYN is an internship site for Master’s-level students finishing degrees in Social Work and Professional Counseling. Our interns have the opportunity to work in our Grayslake office and local schools
During this program, interns will receive the following valuable experience:
- Individual and group supervision with a licensed clinician; weekly
- Clinical meetings with all staff members; weekly
- Experience with a full client caseload (client numbers vary on intern schedule)
- Presentation of one case presentation per semester
- Responsibility of maintaining own case files and paperwork
- Attends at all training sessions
For consideration in our internship program, submit the following to here:
- Cover Letter
- Three Letters of Recommendation
If you are being considered for our program, a Clinician will contact you via email for next steps!