If you or someone you know is struggling with thoughts of suicide, call/text 988.
Join us for the second annual
“Behind the Mask” Masquerade Fundraiser for Suicide Prevention
Friday, Sept. 29 from 6-9pm at Ivanhoe Club
28846 N Thorngate Dr in Mundelein
NOW SEEKING SPONSORS & UNDERWRITERS
All sponsorships come with a tax-deductible investment in CYN Counseling Center, and a reinvestment back into your community
THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSORS
Did You Know?
- Last year, Lake County alone saw a 14% increase in attempts at suicide, and that number taunts us with the potential to grow
- Last year, deaths by suicide increased by 6% in Lake County
- Deaths by Suicide out number homicide in Lake County more than 3 to 1
- For every death by suicide, an estimated 8 to 10 lives are severely impacted
- Men are significantly more likely to die by suicide than women, though women statistically have more attempts than men.
- Nationally for ages 10 to 17, suicide is the 3rd leading cause of death for males and the 2nd leading cause of death for females
- Veteran death by suicide rate has increased 6.3%, with the majority having never seen combat
Last year’s Inaugural “Behind the Mask” Suicide Prevention Masquerade was a great success! Thank you for all who participated.
For more information, email [email protected].