CYN is open:
9:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m. Monday-Thursday
9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Friday
24 hour crisis line: 847-587-3100
CYN’s clinical director will match you with the best therapist/program for your individual needs.
CYN accepts all major insurance and Medicare. A sliding scale and free services are available for those that qualify (must bring proof of income.)
No, CYN’s programs and services are completely confidential, which means that we cannot release any information about you except under certain legally prescribed conditions. If you have concerns or questions about confidentiality, please discuss them with your intake counselor or therapist.
Call us. We can assess your child and get them the best help possible.
* Feeling tearful, sad, anxious, hopeless, helpless, worthless on an ongoing basis.
* Feeling irritable.
* Loss of interest in the things you used to enjoy doing.
*Sleeping too much or too little.
* Feelings of fatigue.
* Experiencing changes in your sleep and/or appetite.
* Having trouble thinking, making decisions, concentrating, or remembering things.
* Thoughts of death or suicide.
Not everyone’s symptoms are alike and not everyone experiences all of the above. If you find yourself experiencing two or three of these on a regular basis, you may have depression. Call us. We will help.
Below are some symptoms your child may be using drugs or alcohol:
- Smell of Alcohol on their breath
- Red eyes – finding Visine and/or breath mints in their pockets
- An unusual smell on them and/or their clothing
- Change in friends
- Decline in grades
- Quits or loses interest in things they used to enjoy such as sports or clubs
- Finding paraphernalia in their room
- Missing medication from your medicine cabinet – especially pain and/or ADHD meds.
- Missing alcohol from your liquor cabinet.
- Youth disobeys rules – stays out all night without permission – shows no remorse for behavior
- Youth spends a great deal of time in their room alone with the door shut – isolates from parents and family
- Youth is volatile in their reactions – and typically their reactions are defensive and out of proportion to the request or situation
- Items missing from the home without explanation
- Having large amounts of money without explanation
The more symptoms you note, the more involved a youth might be in using. We can help! Call us at 847-548-6000 X010
Yes, we provide services in English and Spanish.
Yes! CYN Counseling Center is a 501 (c)3 and donations are fully tax deductible. Click HERE to make a gift today!