The Board of Directors and Staff at CYN Counseling Center, like millions of individuals nationwide, are devastated by the July 4th tragedy in Highland Park.
In light of this recent tragedy, please utilize these resources, or contact us if you are experiencing crisis at 847-548-6000.
Resource Navigation/Resiliency Center at Lincoln School.
- Walk-in opportunities have been eliminated as we move to scheduling appointments for people to meet with case managers on-site
- People can start scheduling appointments on Monday by calling “211”/hotline
- Appointment hours are 11am-7pm, Monday-Friday
- In-person appointments will start on Tuesday
- On Monday, we will still have case managers at Lincoln school in case anyone drops in
- Scheduling protocol is being worked on as well as intake information. Deanna from 211 will be onsite Monday to assist with tech training
- Volunteers will no longer be implemented at Lincoln – only vetted staff
- There will be no child care but comfort items/toys will be onsite and offered to families
- Other committees are working to put other logistics in place
- For next week, care managers will be brought in by Family Service, Red Cross, Highwood Library, and one day a CM from Moraine Township
- A majority, if not all, case managers will be bilingual in Spanish