The Board of Directors and Staff at CYN Counseling Center, like millions of individuals nationwide, are devastated by the July 4th tragedy in Highland Park.
A Statement from our Executive Director
In light of this recent tragedy, please utilize these resources, or contact us if you are experiencing crisis at 847-548-6000.
TRAUMA & YOUTH EDUCATIONAL WEBINAR
PARENT GUIDELINES FOR HELPING YOUTH AFTER A SHOOTING
TALKING TO CHILDREN ABOUT A SHOOTING
Resource Navigation/Resiliency Center at Lincoln School.
- Walk-in opportunities have been eliminated as we move to scheduling appointments for people to meet with case managers on-site
- People can start scheduling appointments on Monday by calling “211”/hotline
- Appointment hours are 11am-7pm, Monday-Friday
- In-person appointments will start on Tuesday
- On Monday, we will still have case managers at Lincoln school in case anyone drops in
- Scheduling protocol is being worked on as well as intake information. Deanna from 211 will be onsite Monday to assist with tech training
- Volunteers will no longer be implemented at Lincoln – only vetted staff
- There will be no child care but comfort items/toys will be onsite and offered to families
- Other committees are working to put other logistics in place
- For next week, care managers will be brought in by Family Service, Red Cross, Highwood Library, and one day a CM from Moraine Township
- A majority, if not all, case managers will be bilingual in Spanish